- Box Office & Will Call — Located to the left of the Mission Gate House,
the main entrance to the Mission, at 26801 Ortega Highway,
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675.
- SCR Box Office Hours at the Mission: 6 p.m.–8 p.m. on performance nights only. Look for staff in SCR logo attire and name badges to assist you.
- Tickets are not available to be picked up during the Mission’s regular operating hours.
- Main/Gate House Gate — Main entrance to the Mission on Ortega Hwy. This is the suggested entrance for Quads A and B Premium seating sections.
- East/Serra Gate Entry — On El Camino Real. This is the suggested entrance for Quads A and B Front of Stage Pods and Quads C and D seating.
- Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
There is plenty of public parking available surrounding the Mission.
- Free parking, as well as some paid lots, are available on the streets surrounding the Mission.
- A paid parking structure is located off of Verdugo, near Trevor on the Tracks restaurant. Five-minute walk to the Mission.
- Los Rios Parking at Los Rios Park, 31791 Los Rios St. Seven-minute walk to the Mission.
- Park & Ride lots at Junipero Serra Rd and the 5 FWY. An Uber, Lyft or taxi ride over to the Mission. Uber, Lyft or taxi times based on availability.
The Amtrak Surfliner station is located at 26701 Verdugo Street, just two blocks from Mission San Juan Capistrano. The last northbound train departs at 10:26 p.m. amtrak.com/stations/snc
Maps & More Information
For more directions, visit the Mission here.
- All seating is general admission within the zone you purchased. This means you get to choose where to sit within that zone when you arrive. If you received an email confirmation with specific seat numbers listed, those seat numbers are for house count purposes only and you will choose your seat once you arrive.
- Quads A and B Premium seating sections: chairs will be provided.
- Quads A and B Front of Stage Pods and Quads C and D seating: blankets and low-backed chairs are permitted but must not block the guest behind you, no “director’s style chairs” or outside tables.
Seat Cushion Rentals
A limited number of seat cushions will be available to rent at the SCR Theatre gift shop located near the restrooms, on a first come, first served basis. Blankets will be available to purchase.
Food & Beverages
You may bring your own food and drink or restaurant takeout to the Mission, including alcoholic beverages. Coolers, baskets, bags, etc. may not exceed 2ft X 2ft in size and need to be small in order not to block any walkways. Outside tables of any kind are not allowed and will be prohibited from
being stored on site. No barbecue grills, candles with real flames, balloons, signs, outside catering service set up, umbrellas or tiki torches. No guns, fireworks, drugs and/or radios. Food and beverages will not be available for purchase at Mission San Juan Capistrano.
If you are allergic or sensitive to bees, precautions should be taken. The
Mission is home to a garden environment and on occasion bees are present.
Service animals, such as guide dogs for the blind, are welcome at the Mission. No other pets are allowed.
Important Information/COVID Protocol
In accordance with state and local guidelines for COVID-19, fully vaccinated people attending Outside SCR are not required to wear a mask. Masks are recommended for those who are unvaccinated.
- Comfortable shoes recommended, as the grounds are uneven due to the historic nature of the site.
After sundown the Mission can be quite chilly. We suggest you bring a jacket.
- Restrooms and drinking fountains are located in the North Wing of the Mission—family, baby changing stations, and ADA accommodations are available.
- Lighted attention-getting devices and anything that distracts or is deemed potentially unsafe for the performers are highly discouraged-—this includes flashlights and cell phones in flashlight mode immediately adjacent to the stage.
- Parking for persons with disabilities is located at the parking structures.
- There is an unloading zone directly in front of the Mission for reducing
travel distances for guests with disabilities.
- Both entrances accommodate wheelchairs and walkers easily.
- Go here& for an ADA map.