Here are Second Harvest’s recommendations for nutritious, high protein, high fiber, low sodium and low sugar items.
- Peanut and other nut butters
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Rice (brown is preferred)
- Canned fruit, packed in water or juice
- Natural applesauce
- Dried beans
- Canned beans (low sodium)
- Whole grain cereals (low sugar)
- Canned soup (low sodium)
- Boxed soup
- Whole grain pasta
- Canned meats & fish (packed in water)
- Healthy snacks, such as low-sugar granola bars, raw nuts or dried fruit
Second Harvest also welcomes personal care items, such as diapers, toothbrushes, toothpaste and toilet paper.
The food bank does not accept items in glass containers, that need refrigeration or items that are expired.
$10 Off These Plays*
With your donation of two (2) items, you’ll receive a discount coupon for $10 off:
- Aubergine (Segerstrom Stage)—Oct. 19-Nov. 16; excludes Friday, Oct. 25.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Theatre for Young Audiences)—Nov. 8, 9, 10 and 15,
- Fireflies (Julianne Argyros Stage)—Jan. 5, 7, 8 and 9.
- She Loves Me (Segerstrom Stage)—Jan. 25, 26, 28, 29 and 30.
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon (Theatre for Young Audiences)—Feb. 7, 8, 9 and 14.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Coupons—for a donation of two (2) items, you will be given a voucher that is good for $10 off a ticket to see the plays listed above, dates as specified. Seating is in Section A, based upon availability. There is a limit of two tickets per coupon. The more items you donate, the more coupons you'll receive. May not be combined with other offers or applied to earlier ticket purchases.